Washington & Jefferson College is committed to helping students make responsible financial decisions to keep student loan borrowing to a minimum. We encourage students to exhaust all financial resources, such as 529 prepaid college savings plans, our monthly tuition payment plan option, and earnings from student employment, prior to applying for educational loans. While debt is often unavoidable when it comes to paying for college, we recommend students borrow only what is needed to cover direct expenses (tuition, fees, room and board) to ensure they are not taking on more debt than necessary. Smart borrowing can help reduce the burden of debt after graduation.
Numerous private loan programs are available to students as well. These programs offer competitive interest rates and borrower benefits. Private loans are a viable option for students when they have exhausted all other resources. Since private loans require a credit check, the majority of students will need a co-signer, which will also help them secure the best interest rate possible. To aid students in choosing the best private loan option available, W&J provides ELM Select, a private loan comparison tool. ELM Select offers students the ability to compare and select the loan product that best fits their needs. We encourage students to complete the counseling tool available on ELM Select called Financial Fundamentals, to assist them in choosing the best loan option available. Please note: W&J does not endorse any lender listed within ELM Select. Students have the right to choose any lender for their private loan needs.
The Office of Financial Aid sends an annual notice to all student borrowers. This notice includes the total amount of federal and private loans borrowed while attending W&J College, estimated payoff information, links to online repayment calculators, and information on federal loan counseling tools. Historically, W&J students have borrowed responsibly and one element of proof is our current federal loan cohort default rate (CDR) of 1.1%. This is exponentially lower than the national CDR of 10.8%. Please refer to W&J Payment Options 额外支付的资源。
*请不要采取行动，直到 5月1日之后 AND AN ADMISSION DEPOSIT IS RECEIVED BY W&J
- 完成硕士本票（MPN）上 studentloans.gov.
- Without this MPN, funds will not be disbursed from the Department of Education & applied to your bill at W&J.
- 访问 studentloans.gov 并使用您的FSA编号。这是你用来签署FAFSA表格相同的ID。 不使用学生的FSA ID登录。
- W&J's Office of Financial Aid will receive your request for a PLUS loan if credit approved and will originate the loan on your behalf. This verifies to the lender the amount of the loan and disbursements along with disbursement dates. When this process is finished, a revised financial aid award letter will be sent home indicating the PLUS loan amount.
* 注意： 网站不支持Internet Explorer 9或10，它支持Internet Explorer 11，除了浏览器，Firefox，Safari等
请访问我们的 财政援助常见问题 欲获得更多信息
老兵联邦学生贷款信息 - 对deferments，公债宽恕，利率和其他程序的信息旨在帮助军人家属。